I'm your velvet Elefant so sell your suit and tie and come and live with me / in Berlin.


2013-04-05

Vortex

So it seems David Lynch has the ability to make a film simply so good one does not need to analyze what it is that is so good about it. I think I want to live in one. And I sure want to drive a Cadillac. I want to drive a Cadillac
into the days back then.

When you're moving into a new place and discovering all those weird things that happen to be there for some reason you can't quite make out. I remember there was a time I was scared only imagining that at some point I would have to be alone in a flat, and now when the time came nothing makes me happier than having a flat for myself. 

I even have a window into a street, so I actually feel like living in a city. 

*

Until recently I was deluded and under the impression that Grinderman was somehow about raving and screaming, and out of fear I wouldn’t like it enough I was sort of pretending it didn’t happen. How very wrong of me! Vortex is one of the most fragile songs I know, there’s an element to Nick’s voice I don’t think I’ve heard before. Like you can actually hear him trembling. I guess I got no other plans now than listen to it over and over again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment